The SMART NATURE: Beacons to Bay Conference is taking place at the Liberty Stadium on Tuesday 30th June. The aims of the conference are to inform you about new approaches...
Community Voice Green Space Officer Contract Opportunity (Self Employed)
Days: 24 days
Day rate: £175
Duration: The project needs to be delivered between January and June 2017.
We are seeking an experienced community development worker who has used environmental activities to develop communities. Who is able to support small groups of resident’s to manage and maintain green spaces. Providing training which can help them attract new people to use the space and be part of the community group looking after it. Also, developing a toolkit for future groups of residents to be able to set up and maintain small ‘friends of groups’ which can be accessible online.
This Big Lottery funded project is part of a consortium of projects which helps to build the capacity of local residents in some of the most deprived areas of the city. You will need to be able to gather data for monitoring purposes and contribute to the quarterly monitoring report and the end of project report to the funder.
The project has been developed over three years and this will be the final year of the project. We are currently on target and achieving the project’s objectives. Groups have been developed and supported in areas of the city of Swansea that are designated as deprived of green space.
Specific targets are: – Under take a community consultation exercise on one key site – Develop a downloadable toolkit which can be used by residents in Swansea to develop community maintained green spaces – Support four community green space projects by developing and delivering training sessions which are based on the needs of the group. – Record monitoring and evaluation data for the project including writing two case studies. – Contribute to the end of project report to big lottery.
See below for job description and person specification.
Please submit a CV and cover letter by 3rd of January 2017 to email@example.com
Interviews will take place on the 12th of January 2017. Job share applications will be considered.
- Under take a community consultation exercise on one key site
- Develop a downloadable toolkit which can be used by residents in Swansea to develop community maintained green spaces
- Support four community green space projects by developing and delivering training sessions which are based on the needs of the group.
- Record monitoring and evaluation data for the project including writing two case studies.
- Contribute to the end of project report to big lottery.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Track record in community engagement / community development.
- Experience of project management and development
- Experience of working with / managing volunteers
- Excellent facilitation and training skills
- Ability to organise and delivery of events and activities.
- Able to be self-supporting in administration needs.
- Well-organised and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Good level of ICT skills
- Experience of working with community groups and individuals in particular groups traditionally excluded from decision making processes.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience:
- Knowledge of sustainability, environmental and planning legislation
- Experience in training volunteers in practical skills such as gardening, conservation techniques and or field skills such as wildlife identification and surveying
- Ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh.
- Ability to drive / access to a car for work purposes.
- Community development work and project management qualifications.